Additional Government Incentives 1 Aug 2020 - 31 Jan 2021
The Apprenticeships Team at Askham Bryan College is looking forward to working with employers and new apprentices this Autumn. Although this is our busiest time of year for starting new apprentices, many programmes recruit all year round. In accordance with the recent government announcement, there are additional incentives available for businesses taking on new apprentices.
£2000 for employing apprentices aged 16-24
£1500 for employing apprentices aged 25+
Please note the following conditions for the additional incentives:
- Payments will only be made to employers who hire an apprentice between 01/08/2020 and 31/01/2021.
- The apprentice must be a new employee to the business, have a contract of employment start date between 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021 (inclusive) and must not have been employed by the employer within the six months prior to the contract start date.
- The payment will be made directly to employers in two equal instalments, where the apprentice is still in learning at day 90 and day 365.
- There will be no limit on the number of incentive payments that an employer can claim for apprentices eligible to receive funding, provided each apprentice meets the criteria, including being a new employee.
- Claims can start to be made by employers in relation to these apprentices from 1 September 2020. Those claims must be made through the apprenticeship service.
- For employers to access these additional incentives they must create an Apprenticeship Service account and reserve funding for their apprenticeship.
Employers must claim the funding, unfortunately the college cannot claim this on their behalf.
For any queries, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or directly with your college programme team.