360 degree Diggers City & Guillds NPTC
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to acquire the basic handling techniques of this important machine.
On successful completion of the course candidates will be able to:
- Identify aspects of legislation which apply to the safe preparation and operation of plant machinery
- Prepare the machine for work safely without risk to themselves, other people or the environment
- Undertake a verbal hazard and risk assessment on the site and the machine
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance on the site and the machine
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance on plant machinery
- State the identified knowledge that underpins understanding of driving plant machinery
- Manoeuvre a plant machine and operate it safely without risks to themselves, other people and the environment
- State procedures to be observed when cleaning and inspecting the machine and reporting defects
Previous experience of the operation of these machines will be an advantage.