Bricklaying for Beginners
Learn the basic techniques of bricklaying.
This beginners course will introduce you to the basic technique of bricklaying, including:-
- Define the following terms: bricks, blocks, sub-base, MOT, concrete, mortar, sharp sand, soft sand, cement;
- Recognise the following tools: mortar board, brick trowel (both London and Philadelphia), pointing tools.
- Describe and demonstrate the use of a spirit level ( including concepts of ‘on the line’, quarter bubble and half bubble).
- Recognise, use and describe the characteristics of, the following personal protective equipment: steel toecaps, goggles, work gloves and dust mask.
- Describe and show good manual handling when handling bricks.
- Know the mixing ratios of sand and cement, and make up mortar to a suitable consistency.
- Practice handing ‘slugs’ of mortar with the brick trowel and board.
- Practice brick laying both level and straight.
- Practice safe technique and good site hygiene, throughout and during clear up.
Make payment for the course and book your place here
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
No entry requirements