Extended Foundation Degree in Animal Management 2019 Entry UCAS Code: D304
These programmes include an introductory year with study modules plus a work experience element to help you develop strong vocational and general academic study skills alongside specialist knowledge.
This introductory year (described below) is followed by Year 1 and Year 2 of the associated Foundation Degree.
In Year 1, all Extended Foundation Degree programmes include the following modules:
• Independent Project
• Work-Based Learning
• Preparatory Academic Skills
• Introduction to Biological Science
• Introduction to Laboratory Skills
In addition to the above, each extended programme will carry additional introductory year modules linked specifically to the specialised area of study:
• Introduction to Animal Health
• Husbandry of Captive Animals*
• Behaviour and Conservation*
• Canine and Feline Husbandry and Grooming*
*Students choose one out of the three as an elective
• Applicants should have achieved 5 GCSEs at grade C or above to include English and Maths. In addition applicants must have successfully completed a minimum of one year of Level 3 study and/or have significant industry experience. Equivalent qualifications in lieu of GCSEs may be considered. Consideration is also given to applicants who have significant industry experience, but have no formal qualifications. Applications from mature candidates are welcomed.
• Applicants without formal qualifications may be asked to undertake an initial assessment of literacy and numeracy as part of the interview process. Further information on student fees and finance can be found at www.slc.co.uk
Upon successful completion of this courses students could go on to study a one year Top Up route to a BSc or BSc (Hons) in a related subject.