Floristry Level 3
This course is for you if you have a Level 2 Floristry qualification or 5 years industry experience. It provides you with a range of specialist technical practical skills and knowledge which will equip you to develop your skills and techniques within the Floristry industry.
This course will help students to prepare for a supervisory role in floristry and will cover all aspects of retail floristry. You will learn about flowers, identification and use of foliage and plants, floristry designs for gifts and occasions such as weddings, christenings and funerals.
Advanced display and construction techniques will be taught and students will learn more about the floristry industry and organisations they could work for.
Subjects covered include:
- Principles of Health & Safety
- Work experience
- Flower and plant care
- Tied designs and floral arrangements
- Wired and glued designs
- Business management and marketing in the floristry industry
- Trends and events in floristry
- Floristry design techniques
Unique Selling Points
- Dedicated floristry classroom and worskop
- Experienced lecturers within industry practises
- Educational trips to Holland, wholsale flower markets, flower growers
- Competition work – Harrogate Flower Show, Worldskills and Chelsea Florist of the year
- Based within land based college with vast natural resources
- Opportunities to produce work with local flower festivals, for private weddings and college events.
- Senior florist
- Freelance florist
- Event co-ordinator
- Self-employed florist
- Students work experience has led to senior jobs in retail floristry, hotel and wedding co-ordinating, setting up own businesses, working for flower wholesalers, careers with florists in London, Manchester and Australia. Cruise ships and resident florist in hotel in Bahamas.
Level 2 floristry qualification (Merit or above) with English and Maths at Level 2
Or, at least 4 GCSEs at grade 4 (old grade C) or above to include any 2 from English, Maths and Science with at least a grade 3 (old grade D) in the remaining subject and 5 years industry experience
Students can progress onto a City & Guilds Level 4 Higher Diploma in Floristry
And then onto City & Guilds Level 5 Master Diploma in Professional Floristry.