Leeds United FC Football and Education Course Level 3 Diploma
Do you want to turn your passion for football into a career? Our unique sport course, in partnership with Leeds United FC, offers you the opportunity to play football regularly whilst studying a sport diploma. The course will be delivered 1 day a week at Elland Road ground and the remaining time at Askham Bryan College campus in York, with training at Thorp Arch and Askham Bryan College.
What will I study?
During the course you will study areas such as:
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Injuries
- Fitness Testing
- Fitness Programming
- Talent Identification
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Sports Massage
- Sports Performance Analysis
- Work Experience directly linked to the vocational qualification
You will have the opportunity to work towards Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- To gain a place on our Football & Education Course you will need to achieve a minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above (ideally these Maths & English Language). If Maths & English are not achieved then these can be worked on during the duration of the course through specialist Maths & English lesson & tutors at Askham Bryan College.
What qualifications will I gain?
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
Pathways after this programme
- When you have completed the course you will gain a BTEC Extended Diploma which is accepted by universities, particularly in areas of Sports Coaching, Sports Therapy, and Teacher Education.
- The qualifications and experience gained through the course will also allow learners to progress straight into vocational working environments within Sport, Leisure and Fitness or aspects such as apprenticeships or direct employment.