Safe Use of Handheld Hedge Cutters City & Guilds NPTC Award
This course is suitable for candidates working with hand held hedge trimmers who wish to update their skills and / or satisfy H and S legislation regarding the safe use of hand held hedge trimmers at work. The training leads to candidates taking their NPTC assessments on a further date.
- Know how to carry out a risk assessment
- Know the heath & safety legislation that underpins hand held hedge trimmer operations
- Know the appropriate PPE required for hand held hedge trimmer operations
- Know the health & safety features of the equipment being used
- Understand hedge types and growth habits
- Know how to prepare a work area
- Know how to operate a hedge trimmer
- Know how to clean, store and transport equipment safely and appropriately
The assessment is in 2 parts:
- Pre-use safety
- Operate hand held powered hedge trimmers
This course can also be delivered for Tractor Mounted Hedge Trimmers and Tractor Mounted Verge Mowers.