Outdoor Adventure Sport Level 3
If you are interested in qualifications for a career in sport with a big focus on outdoor adventure, this is the course for you. Our Outdoor Adventure Sport course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills to progress into a career in the outdoor industry or into further study. In year one learners may also achieve the 90 credit diploma.
During the Level 3 Diploma in Sport you will specialise in modules relating to outdoor adventure. This course combines both theory and practical work, spending at least one day per week in the outdoors putting theory learnt into practice. Activities for adventure students may include some or all of the following, canoeing, mountain biking, kayaking, rock climbing, ropes courses, orienteering and mountain walking. You also have the chance to attend several residential trips during the two years. You will also have the opportunity to gain valuable work experience and the course will also help with employment skills and/or university options.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Fitness and training
- Sports nutrition and injuries
- Outdoor and adventurous activities (water and land-based)
- Adventurous expeditions
- Alternative pursuits
- Environmental education
- Leadership and coaching
- Work experience
- English and maths provision where applicable
Unique Selling Points
- Weekly practical outdoor activities to develop skills and techniques in a range of outdoor activities
- Several outdoor activity residential trips including optional ski trip
- Outdoor activity instructor
- Leisure or holiday company work in Britain or abroad
- Work for equipment manufacturers and retailers
- Sports physiotherapist
- Exercise physiologist
- Fitness centre manager
- Personal trainer
- Physical education teacher
- Sports administrator
- Sports coach
- Sports development officer
- Sports therapist
4 GCSEs at grade 4 (old GCSE grade C) or above, to include 2 from English, Maths or Science with at least a grade 3 (old GCSE grade D) in the remaining subject. Alternatively a suitable Level 2 vocational qualification (Merit or above) with English, Maths and Science at Level 2.
You could progress on to a degree/foundation degree course in outdoor education or other sports related subject.