Returning Students 2021
Key information for returning students and progressors
Re-enrolment for returning FE students is underway.
How do I enrol?
Enrolment is different depending on the type of course you are studying and what type of returning student you are:
• If you are studying a two-year programme for example L3 diploma in year one and continuing in year two to complete an extended diploma, there is no need for you to re-enrol for your second year. Your tutor will have taken care of this by completing a progression form with you at the end of your first year. By completing this process you will be automatically enrolled on to the second year of the course and you will not need to attend enrolment sessions in August/September at the College. You simply need to look out for a message from your tutor with details of your new timetable.
• If your tutor has identified the next qualification as part of your chosen studies (so for example, you are planning to progress from a Level 2 to a Level 3 programme) you should have had a mini-interview at the end of your first year and will need to re-enrol. We will be sending further information to share important information including the enrolment process, fees (if applicable) and the documents/ID you will need to complete your progression enrolment over the next few weeks. Please check your email and the College website regularly for the latest guidance.
Essential Forms Completion:
As a returning student, we still require you to complete some essential information via the forms below to make sure we have the most up to date information when you return:
- Complete the Work Placement form:
- Complete the Consent and Indemnity form. (If you are under 18 years of age your parent will also need to tick to say they give consent for the College to retain this information.)
If any of your details have changed, it is important that you contact our Student Recruitment and Applications Team to update your record. We need to ensure that we have up-to-date email, phone and address details, so that you continue to receive our updates. (Please also check SPAM and email filters and add email@example.com to your contacts list).
What happens after I am re-enrolled?
Once you have been re-enrolled you will receive information regarding your start date at College. You can find our 2021/22 terms dates on this page https://www.askham-bryan.ac.uk/students/term-dates
What else do I need to know?
We are asking all returning students to please keep your existing ID card and lanyard for next year. Sustainability is a key element of our corporate responsibility and we are asking our students to do their bit for the environment.
Important COVID-19 Information:
- Before your enrolment session the Government advice is that you should make sure you have taken 2 x lateral flow tests (LFT) 3-5 days apart.
- If you experience symptoms or test positive at the time of your enrolment session, you should not attend but get a PCR test and self-isolate until you receive your result. Please do let your course manager know so we can make alternative arrangements for you to enrol another time.
- If you need to obtain a lateral flow testing kit these can be ordered free of charge by following this link Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). You will need to provide confirmation of your negative result at enrolment (This can be an email or text message from the NHS).
- Due to the large groups of students expected at enrolment we require you to bring a face covering with you. You will be given a lateral flow test kit to take away and, you must continue testing every 3-5 days when attending College.
- We continue to follow government guidance to maintain a covid-secure campus. The latest guidance for students can be found on our dedicated Covid-19 page.