Personal Training for Health, Fitness and Performance Level 3 Diploma
Do you want to turn your passion for sport into a career? Our unique sport course aims to provide a broad base of knowledge and skills to be able to work in a variety of roles within the sports industry including fitness instructing and personal training. The course will be delivered at Askham Bryan College campus in York and will engage with employers.
During the course you will study areas such as:
- Principles of Anatomy, Physiology and Fitness
- Planning and Instructing gym-based exercise
- Health and Safety in a Physical Activity, Fitness and Sport Environment
- Applied Human Biology for Exercise and Fitness
- Principles of Nutrition for Healthy Lifestyles
- Programme Design and Delivery for Personal Training
- Research Methods and Skills for Academic Study
- Work Experience directly linked to the vocational qualification
- You will have the opportunity to work towards Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
Aims of the Course
- Be able to work within a variety of customer- facing roles within the active leisure industry, including fitness instructing, personal training and leisure operations
- Be able to access higher education degree programmes
What qualifications will I gain?
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training for Health and Fitness and Performance
- Accredited achievement of L2 Fitness Instructor and Level 3 Personal Training Qualification will provide entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs)
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
What qualifications do I need to start?
- To gain a place on our Personal Training for Health, Fitness and Performance you will need to achieve a minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above (ideally these Maths & English Language). If Maths & English are not achieved then these can be worked on during the duration of the course through specialist Maths & English lesson & tutors at Askham Bryan College.
Pathways after this programme
- When you have completed the course you will gain an Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training for Health and Fitness and Performance which is accepted by universities, particularly in areas of Sports Coaching, Fitness Instruction, Personal Training and Teacher Education.
- The qualifications and experience gained through the course will also allow learners to progress straight into vocational working environments within Sport, Leisure and Fitness or aspects such as apprenticeships or direct employment.