Transport Maintenance Level 1
Designed and aimed at students interested in working on cars and the maintenance processes used on the motor vehicles. This course allows the learner to gain a broad knowledge of motor vehicle systems with hands on experience re-enforcing the knowledge gained in the classroom. With strong links to the automotive industry Askham Bryan College will help you find your place within the motor industry.
What will i study?
Structure Units created by the Institute of Motor Industry deliver only current and relevant knowledge designed to engage and motivate students.
Students will Study the following topics:
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Locating, Interpreting and Using Technical Information
- Applying Engineering Techniques in an Automotive Environment
- Light Vehicle Braking System Components and Maintenance
- Light Vehicle Wheel and Tyre Construction and Maintenance
- Light Vehicle Exhaust System Components and Maintenance
- Spark Ignition system maintenance
- Vehicle Driveline Maintenance
- Routine Vehicle Maintenance Processes and Proceedures
- Vehicle Steering and Suspension System Components and Maintenance
- Lighting System Maintenance
- Vehicle Exterior Valeting and Detailing
- Electrical Vehicle Awareness
- Introduction to Low Carbon Technologies in the Automotive Industry
- Moving Loads and Vehicle Lifting
- Vehicle Materials and Joining Methods
- The Retail Motor Industry
- Tools, Equipment and Consumable Materials for Vehicle Maintenance
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through practical job cards, structured written assessments and multiple choice online tests.
Where can this course take you?
You can progress on the IMI Level 2 Diploma in Motorsport Maintenance and repair delivered here at Askham Bryan College alternatively you could find employment or an apprenticeship within the automotive industry.
At least 3-4 subjects at grade 2 (E-F equivalent) ideally including English and Maths
You can continue progressing your studies leading onto the IMI Level 2 Motorsport Maintenance and Repair Full Time course. Or, Alternatively you can find employment or an apprenticeship in the automotive industry.