Entry Level IndependenceView Our Entry Level Independence Courses
ENTRY LEVEL INDEPENDENCE These courses are for anyone with learning difficulties or disabilities who want to progress in life and work in a vocational area.
This is a supportive learning programme which includes four strands:
• Independence in Vocational Subject
• Independence in Study - English and Maths
• Independence in Life - Life Skills, Community, Enterprise, Personal and Social Skill Development
• Independence in Work - Employability Skills and Work Experience
It is possible to study a combination of different strands either full time or part time. All staff specialise in teaching and supporting students with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities.
The majority of this programme is delivered from our new purpose-built Independent Living and Enterprise facility which gives our learners the opportunity to undertake supported work experience doing purposeful, enjoyable and accessible work in a safe environment. The Vocational Animal Care strand is delivered in the College’s Animal Management unit and the College Farm where a broad range of animals are cared for. The Land and Plants Vocational strand has a well developed horticulture area managed specifically by Independence students who grow their own produce.
There are four Independence Programmes available:
• Entry Level 2 Practical Countryside Skills with a focus on Animal Care
• Entry Level 2 Practical Countryside Skills with a focus on Land and Plants
• Entry Level 3 Practical Countryside Skills with a focus on Animal Care
• Entry Level 3 Practical Countryside Skills with a focus on Land and Plants
Each programme has four Independence Strands (Vocational, Study, Life and Work) which can be studied in different combinations based on individual needs. These courses are ideal for people with learning difficulties or disabilities or who require more support. If you, or someone you know, needs a little extra help with learning, likes to be active and on the go and wants to try new and exciting things, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
Our supported learning environment is second to none, our students love to learn and our staff love making learning fun and exciting. As well as learning, we help our students to get involved, make friends and build the confidence they need to move on to other things.