Covid-19 Important Information
Following the Government’s announcement on the 4 January 2021, regarding further lockdown restrictions, the College will be moving to online learning as per your usual timetable. All students will be contacted to ensure you continue to receive a high standard of education during this latest lockdown. It is important that you access your learning online during this time and continue with your studies. Please contact us if you are finding this difficult so we can help.
For specific information and updates on Covid-19 for current students, parents and guardians, staff or visitors, suppliers and contractors use the links below:
Covid Testing Privacy Statement Click here
Arrangements for Spring Term
- Teaching for most courses this term will be delivered online until at least mid-February, in line with the national lockdown in England announced by the Prime Minister on 4 January.
- Vulnerable students and those of key workers will be contacted directly by a member of college staff to discuss appropriate arrangements.
- For information on exams scheduled to take place during the lockdown period, please contact your course manager and for commercial courses, email ABC-Shortcourses@askham-bryan.ac.uk. Please note, we are awaiting guidance from the awarding bodies and will inform students as soon as we receive confirmed advice about exams running this academic year.
- Accommodation at the York and Newton Rigg sites will not be open to (HE/FE and apprenticeship) students until further notice. The Accommodation Team will be in touch directly with those in our halls of residence, if you have any questions, please email Accommodation@askham-bryan.ac.uk
- There will be no college transport running to our campuses at this present time.
- Apprentices – you will be contacted by your course managers about your lessons and end point assessments.
- Adult and commercial courses – please contact the College for information on the course you have booked.
We will keep you updated via this page as we work through any emerging guidance and inform you of any changes. In the meantime, please contact your course tutor for further information regarding your online teaching or exam updates, alternatively email: email@example.com for any other queries.