This is a one year level 3 course that brings together essential areas of study as well as picking up specialist arable modules.
On completion of the Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Agriculture (Arable), you may be eligible to progress to the T Level in Agriculture to continue your specialist area of study.
Areas of Study:
- Estate Skills
- Plant and Soil Science
- Business Management
- Root crop production (Arable specialist module)
- Forage crop production (Arable specialist module)
- Health and Safety
- Work placement
Arable Pathway Themes –
- Combinable crops
- Spreaders and Sprayers
- Farm habitat management
- Workshop processes
- Waste and pollution management
- ATV and rough terrain forklift operations
- Business Planning and Diversification
- Specialist Project
A work experience day is built into the course to further enhance your practical skills. A feature of the course is the visits to a range of organisations, farms, shows and demonstrations.
Your course is assessed by:
- A multiple choice Health and Safety exam
- A written subject exam
- Written and practical assessment under controlled conditions
Additional qualifications are offered at the commencement of the programme. These may include rough terrain fork lift truck operation, ATV training, tractor driving as well as health and safety in agriculture. Additional charges may apply.
At our York campus students will have access to Westfield Farm and Home Farm, based in nearby Askham Richard.