This is a course that is fully dedicated to animal nursing students
- Deliver basic treatments to animals
- Maintain animal accommodation
- Provide feed and water to animals
- Companion animal anatomy & physiology
- Handling and restraint of animals
- Principles of infection control for animal nursing assistants
- Principles of companion animal pharmacy
- Companion animal parasitology & zoonosis
- Principles of companion animal anaesthesia and fluid therapy
A portfolio of work-related skills forms part of the assessment of this course, along with examinations, tests, assignments, witness testimony and practical assessments (at the college).
You will have a Course Manager and an Academic Tutor to help you throughout the course, to help you achieve your goals and resolve any problems you may have. If you have any specialist support needs please highlight this on your application and we can arrange for a meeting with the student support team.
‘The distance learning course was a good for me as a adult learner and having to work at the same time. The ANA course is a excellent introduction to Veterinary Nursing’ Stephanie (Certificate Animal Nursing student)