Foundation Degree Animal Management 2019 Entry UCAS Code: D301
This degree programme covers the skills and knowledge that can be applied in a range of animal management based industries, particularly in the areas of conservation, health and science. There is an emphasis on project work that concentrates on specific areas of individual interest.
Modules of Study Include:
• Academic Skills
• Industry Skills
• Introduction to Business
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Practical Animal Husbandry
• Human and Companion Animal Interactions
• Animal Health
• Aquatics Husbandry and Management
• Canine and Feline Behaviour
• Fundamentals of Evolutionary Ecology and Classification
• Field Research Skills
• Environmental Interpretation
• Ecology and Conservation
• Captive Behaviour Management
• Personal Research Project
• Academic Development
• Professional Development
• Breeding and Inheritance
• Welfare, Legislation and Ethics
• Animal Nutrition
• Training and Learning Theory
• Applied Animal Training
• Collections Husbandry
• Collections Animal Training
• Incubation and Rearing
• Biodiversity and Restoration Ecology
• Business Enterprise or Collections Management
*Students are required to choose three elective modules, however the final combination will be determined by a number of prerequisite and/or co-requisite electives within the structure.
48 UCAS points plus 5 GCSEs including English, Maths and Science at grade C or above.
You could go on to study a one year Top Up route to a BSc or BSc (Hons) in a related subject.