Foundation Degree (FdSc) Precision Livestock UCAS Code: D4U5
The FdSc Precision Livestock is structured to provide you with a blend of the necessary technical, academic and management skills to work at the forefront of this increasingly innovative and technically focused part of the agricultural industry.
The programme will develop your knowledge and focus your skills, in the areas of forage crop production, nutrition and genetics using the latest, machinery, data collection technology and software, while providing access to state of the art laboratory equipment, production and livestock handling systems.
The fulltime modular programme is delivered over two years using a blended approach to delivery to provide you with the flexibility to gain industry experience in agriculture or one its associated supply chains while continuing with your education and training. At the end of your studies you will have the skills and understanding to work at a supervisory or management level in the global precision livestock sector.
Modules of study include:
• Intro to Agri-Business
• Academic & Professional Skills
• Farm Animal Science
• Animal Health and Welfare
• Principles of Precision livestock
• Principles of Livestock nutrition
• Agri-Continuous Professional Development
• Skills for Research and Project Development
• Sustainable Agri-Tech Management
• Implementing Precision livestock
• Advanced Livestock Nutrition
• Principles of Breeding Technology
• Course work
• Online assessment
• Continual assessment
• Practical assessment
48 UCAS points plus 5 GCSs including English, Maths and Science at grade C or above or equivalent.