Residential accommodation is available at our York and Penrith campuses. The information on this website relates to accommodation at our York Campus only, where we have facilities to accommodate both FE and HE students. Visit the Newton Rigg website for information about their accommodation. Please note that we do not offer accommodation at any of our other Centres.
Living at our York Campus puts you right at the heart of college life. There is a good mix of rooms, some with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities, some en suite rooms with a shared snack kitchen and a small number of self-catering rooms with shared bathroom facilities. We also have a number of off-site houses within York; managed by the College and these offer those students over 18 a more independent experience than living on campus.
Why Live on Campus?
- It’s hard to feel lonely here, we organise sports and social events during the evenings which is a great way to meet people
- Living on campus helps you become more independent for your future life
- The close-knit campus means there’s always a friendly face around
- Great facilities such as the gym, Students’ Union, Learning Resource Centre, Internet Hub and Refectory are right on your doorstep
- Students aged over 18 are accommodated in areas for adults only
In the evening there is a team of Enrichment and Safeguarding Wardens who organise and run various activities for the students to participate in and are there to deal with any situations that arise.
Our Safeguarding telephone number is available to call 24 hours a day for any serious concerns students or parents may have (07773 312617).
Click here to make a payment.
- Accommodation Booklet (982.14 KB)
- Statement of Principles and Practice 2018-19 (131.94 KB)
- Accommodation Handbook for Apprentices (536.93 KB)
- Parent and Carers Expectations Booklet (201.08 KB)
- HE Accommodation Agreement (151.90 KB)
- FE Accommodation Agreement (188.65 KB)
- Accommodation Handbook for Yard Duty Students and One Off Stays 2018-19 (1.44 MB)
- Important Changes to Accommodation Terms and Conditions December 2018 (294.40 KB)