Support for Looked After Children
- Dedicated support person available at open events to detail support given at College.
- Specific invitations sent out to Local Authority/Virtual Schools/schools to attend event in March.
- Personalised campus tours on request, offered to prospective students & Local Authority support around student.
- Dedicated member of staff to offer support throughout application process
- Support with filling in application forms
- Personalised campus tours offered to student and their support workers to help with transition to College.
- Personalised accommodation tours if student is thinking of living in.
- Transition visits prior to enrolment to meet curriculum and support staff
- Bursary advice and guidance & support with application forms
- Meeting with LAC Support Lead to discuss additional needs/support needs
- LAC Support Lead to meet with social workers to plan smooth transition
- Targeted, regular CEIAG support to help with progression routes
- Regular meetings with LAC Support Lead
- Free travel on College Transport. (Covered by bursary)
- Welcome pack (if in accommodation)
- Laptop on loan for the duration of study
- Financial advice
- LAC Support Lead to attend PEP’s/multi agency meetings as needed
- Wellbeing and Mental Health support
- 50% off College Gym membership (to be paid for by bursary)
- Free entry/reduced rates to selected SU events
University Centre Askham Bryan (UCAB)
- Targeted CEIAG
- £500 cash bursary
- Accommodation deposit £300 waived
- Short term interest free loan to cover your first accommodation payment which you would pay back upon receipt of your first maintenance loan instalment (if staying in onsite accommodation)
- Welcome pack (if in residence)
- Free travel on our College transport if commuting to campus
- £100 Equipment deposit if claiming DSA
- Free membership to onsite gym
- Free entry/reduced rates to SU events
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) available as College alumni