ApprenticeshipsView our Apprenticeship Courses
Earn while you learn and gain real work experience.
Apprenticeships and Advanced Apprenticeships are work-based learning programmes generally free of charge for learners. You need to be in a suitable job and most of your learning will take place at your workplace. We may be able to help you find a suitable work placement if you don’t already have one or you can also search for suitable vacancies on the National Apprenticeships website. All apprenticeships are run from our York site.
You will gain valuable qualifications including:
• A Work-Based programme at Level 2 (Intermediate Apprentices) or Level 3 (Advanced Apprentices)
• Functional skills qualifications
• Additional nationally recognised certificates for the sector in which you work (charges may apply)
You will have a Course Manager who will direct and support you. Apprenticeships involve assessment through ‘on-the job’ observation and questioning. Assessors visit you in your work place and when you’re ready, they assess and ‘sign off’ each skill (unit) when you’ve shown you meet national occupational standards. You also produce a portfolio (folder) of evidence to show that you are competent and meet the required standards. Some work-based learning qualifications may be subject to change by their awarding bodies and/or have additional entry requirements.
Apprenticeships are available in:
- Environmental Conservation
- Game and Wildlife Management
- Horticulture (Sports Turf, Golf Greenkeeper, Landscape)
- Land-Based Service Engineering
- Plant Maintenance
- Veterinatry Nursing
If you are interested in our Apprenticeship courses why not visit one of our Open Events to find out more? Please see below for downloadable leaflets for some of the above courses.