Foundation Degree Equine Science and Management 2018 Entry UCAS Code: 8T22
This degree programme will help you develop knowledge about the systems and structures of the horse and how the horse’s body responds to exercise, injury and rehabilitation. You will also learn about key business management skills and issues facing the equine industry today. Additionally, you will benefit from being able to develop your practical and horse husbandry skills within a British Horse Society approved training centre.
Modules of Study Include:
• Industry Skills
• The Future Equine Industry
• Academic Skills
• Introduction to Business
• Equine Anatomy and Physiology
• Equine Behaviour and Welfare
• Coaching Psychology and Rider Performance
• Management of the Performance Horse
• Personal Research Project
• Professional Development
• Academic Development
• Business Enterprise
• Equine Rehabilitation and Injury
• Equine Health and Disease
• Equine Nutrition
Elective Modules (select 1)
• Equitation Science and Coaching
• Performance Horse Evaluation
• Equine Breeding and Reproduction Technologies
48 UCAS points plus 5 GCSEs including English, Maths and Science at grade C or above.
Students may progress onto the one-year Top Up route to the BSc (Hons) Degree in Equine Science and Management.