Leeds United FC Football and Education Course Level 2 Diploma
Do you want to turn your passion for football into a career? Our unique sport course, in partnership with Leeds United FC, offers you the opportunity to play football regularly whilst studying a sport diploma. The course will be delivered 1 day a week at Elland Road ground and the remaining time at Askham Bryan College campus in York, with training at Thorp Arch and Askham Bryan College.
What will I study?
During the course you will study areas such as:
- Leading Sport Safely and Effectively
- Working in Sport and Activity Leadership
- Leading Sport and Physical Activity
- Coaching Sport
- Developing Skills for Sport and Activity Leadership
- Leading Different Groups
- Delivering a Sports Activity Event
- Work Experience directly linked to the vocational qualification
- You will have the opportunity to work towards Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 1 year, full-time
What qualifications will I gain?
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma for Sport and Activity Leaders
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
What qualifications do I need to start?
To gain a place on our Football & Education Course you will need 4 GCSEs at grade 3 (old GCSE grade D) or above to include two from English, maths and Science, with at least a grade 2 (old GCSE grade E) in the remaining subject. Alternatively a suitable Level 1 vocational qualification with English and Maths at Level 1. If Maths & English are not achieved then these can be worked on during the duration of the course through specialist Maths & English lesson & tutors at Askham Bryan College.
Pathways after this programme
When you have completed the course you will gain a BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma for Sport and Activity Leaders which can be used as a stepping stone to further study at FE including the Level 3 Football and Education Course.
The qualifications and experience gained through the course will also allow learners to progress straight into vocational working environments within Sport, Leisure and Fitness or aspects such as apprenticeships or direct employment.