Outdoor Adventure Sport Level 2
The Level 2 study programme offers students the opportunity to explore aspects of sport, outdoor adventure and public services industries including teamwork; communication, empathy, problem solving, fitness, leadership and outdoor activities
Students will learn through lectures, talks from guest speakers, visits, practical sport fitness and leadership sessions, outdoor activities and work related experience. Students' work is assessed continually throughout the course.
- Leadership skills
- Working in the public services
- Outdoor adventurous activities and expeditions
- Practical sports leadership
- Fitness and training
- Residential trips
- Work Experience
- Employability skills
- English and maths
Unique Selling Points:
- Theory learning enhanced through practical delivery
- Residential week
- Range of practical outdoor activities including climbing, high ropes, bushcraft skills
- Opportunities to be involved with college sports teams
- Develop leadership skills
4 GCSEs at grade 3 (old GCSE grade D) or above to include two from English, maths and Science, with at least a grade 2 (old GCSE grade E) in the remaining subject. Alternatively a suitable Level 1 vocational qualification with English and Maths at Level 1.
The study programme paves the way for further study at Level 3 in sport, outdoor adventure or public services or employment within the relevant sectors.